Hooked on a Phalaenopsis
Ready for our member make workshop today? We can’t wait to craft this crepe paper phalaenopsis orchid! Orchids are one of my favorite flowers because they make such gorgeous home decor. Which also makes them a great gift to give!
If you’re a member, you can join us live today at 11:00 a.m. PT. After the live, we will post the video here so you can watch it anytime you want! To craft along with me and Meagan, just download the orchid flower template below, cut your petals, and have all your tools and materials ready to go.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
It has been a while since we’ve crafted an orchid! Every time we make a flower, we learn how to do it better — and we try new things. So over time, we sometimes change the design slightly or alter the tutorial. For our crepe paper phalaenopsis orchid today, we will be using a new technique. And that’s what crafting is all about! Experimenting, exploring, and growing your DIY skills.
To get started on your crepe paper phalaenopsis orchid, you can cut the pattern by hand with your scissors or use our flower SVG cutting file. We are using our double-sided crepe paper in white and vanilla for the flowers and center petal. For the large buds, we’re using our extra-fine crepe in vanilla. And for the medium and small buds, we’re using our extra-fine crepe in fern. That leaves the double-sided green tea and cypress for the leaves!
If you haven’t participated in one of our Member Make challenges before (or you need a reminder), make sure to read the section below. Otherwise, you can skip on down to the tools and materials list. If you have everything you need already, you can prep before we start our live workshop today at 11 a.m. PST. Hope to see you there! ~ Lia and team
How to Join Our August Member Make Challenge
- Become a member. And make sure to join our Facebook page for members!
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need for these crepe paper phalaenopsis orchids—listed below. Then download our flower pattern at the end of this post.
- Tune in today at 11:00 a.m. PST to craft along with me! You can find the link to the YouTube Live tutorial on the Facebook page for members and in your inbox. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Watch our flower video tutorial to craft along with me and create your own version of this crepe paper phalaenopsis orchid. You can use different colors of paper, materials, or techniques; color your petals with PanPastel; or play around with how you arrange and style your orchid.
- If you need some guidance, reach out to me and others in our crafting community! You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members. And make sure to use the hashtag #MemberMake on Instagram and Facebook so it’s easy to find.
- Share your crepe paper phalaenopsis orchids with us by the end of the month to be entered in our giveaway. Make sure to post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake. And feel free to say something about your flower-making experience!
To download this paper flower pattern and get instant access to thousands of DIY projects plus a private Facebook group full of all levels of crafters, join our crafting community!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — White & Vanilla and Green Tea & Cypress
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Secret Garden: Fern and Vanilla single or Fern and Vanilla
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- Thick Paper-Covered Stem Wire
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- Mod Podge – Matte
- Spun Paper Balls — 15mm and 8mm
- Brush Markers— Almond, Apple, and Light Apricot
- Curly Willow
- Floral Foam and Faux Moss
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member