Ready for some more fun Christmas crafts? Last month we shared two new ornament designs — our honeycomb ornaments and our wood deer ornaments. And now we have another new one for you! These cute, little bead and felt elf ornaments are inspired by the real Swedish ones that Krista’s family has adorned their holiday trees with each year.
Before you get started, check out our tools and materials list below. Then use our pattern and tutorial to craft as many different elf ornaments as you would like. Or you can always use them as gift toppers!
Pull Your-Elves Together
In the past we have used peg dolls to create projects like this one. But this time around we used floral wire to create the body shape for our elf ornaments and then attached wood beads at the ends for the face, hands, and feet. For the hair, we used embroidery floss and then made embroidered outfits for them to wear.
Our tutorial will walk you through each step of the assembly, but of course you can get as creative as you’d like! For example, you can use the exact art markers we linked to below to color your wood beads. Or you can experiment with different art markers to create other skin tones for your elf ornaments.
Whatever you decide, we’d love to see the elf ornaments you create! Make sure to share photos with us on our Facebook page for members or by tagging #MadeWithLia on Instagram.
Skill level: Beginner-intermediate due to small details like drawing on the face and sewing up small pieces.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Wooden Skewer or Stuffing Tool
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Marble, Dove, White, and Olive
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Snow White (B5200), Pearl Grey (415), Fern Green (522), Light Hazelnut Brown (422), Light Brown (434), and Ultra Dark Coffee Brown (938)
- Polyester Fiber Fill — Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
- Wood Beads — 16mm and 8mm
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered White
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
- Skin Tone Art Markers — Sepia and Almond
- Blick Studio Light Peach (003)
- Black Paint Pen — Uni Posca Black 0.7mm
- Pink Colored Pencil — Prismacolor – Pack of 36 – Blush Pink
- Tacky Glue
How to Make Bead & Felt Elf Ornaments
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.