Air-dry clay is one of our favorite materials for making both jewelry and jewelry dishes. And as you’ve seen with our clay hand drop dish and monstera drop dish, we like to experiment with different shapes to create something more unique. For our celestial theme this month, Meagan designed a multi-layered clay moon trinket dish, spattered with gorgeous gold speckles.
This is an easy project and a fun craft for kids to help out with. Just follow our 10-step tutorial below to make it yourself!
For all your space-ial trinkets
You can use this clay moon trinket dish to hold your jewelry, keys, hair accessories, and other important items. Everything you need is listed below. And you can simply use a bowl and detail knife to create the shape of your dish and moon.
If you’re making this trinket dish for a living room or bedroom, some other DIY home decor that would complement this craft project are our moon phases pillow, rope and metal ring moon wreaths, and frosted paper celestial lilies. Or, if you’re making this clay moon trinket dish for a kid’s room, you can also make our starry night camping banner or our frosted paper celestial wall art.
Whatever you make from our July Craft Collection, we hope you’ll share it with us by tagging #MadeWithLia. Happy crafting!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Bowl — for molding clay
- Detail Knife
- Artist Sponge — Round
- Spray Bottle
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- DAS Air-Hardening Modeling Clay — White
- Sand Paper 600 Grit
- Blick Matte Acrylic Paint — Red Violet Light and Pale Gold
How to Make a Clay Moon Trinket Dish
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Download the photo tutorial below.
- To make the dish, press clay into the larger bowl, and smooth out with a sponge and water.
- Use a detail knife or a ceramics straight needle to cut away the uneven edge of the clay.
- Using a sponge and water, smooth out the edge; then set aside and allow the clay to dry .
Full tutorial available for members only. Join here!
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.