Similar to our DIY copper star wreath, this copper wire heart wreath is a lovely new wreath project that’s perfect for the Valentine’s season. Featuring some of our favorite crepe paper flowers (a peony, a rose bud, and a cosmos), this wreath is ultra romantic. Gather the supplies listed below and get ready to fall in love with this project!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Tubing Cutter
- Cricut Cardstock Paper in Rose
- Cricut Vellum in Light Pink
- Lia Griffith Peony, Rose Bud, and Cosmos Flowers (downloads included below)
- 1/8” Copper Tubing
- 36-Gauge Copper Wire
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut the heart template, bend the copper tubing into the heart shape.
- Cut off the extra tubing so the two ends meet up.
- Wrap the tubing with copper wire to hold the two ends together.
- Gather the flowers and newly made paper/vellum leaves to add to your heart.
- Arrange the flowers however you’d like and hold them together with the copper wire.
- Use hot glue to glue the leaves to the arrangement.
- Attach the arrangement to the heart using the copper wire and hot glue.
Strut Your Stuff!
Show us what you’re crafting! Use #MadeWithLia and share photos of all of your latest work — you never fails to inspire us!
To start crafting with us, sign up for a Lia Griffith membership today. For even more DIY inspiration, join us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Until next time… ~ Lia & Team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
[…] 11. landeeseelandeedo.com 12.carrieelle.comImage Source: [ From Left to Right] 13. liagriffith.com 14. triedandtrueblog.com 15. designimprovised.com 16. […]
Do you have a template for the copper wire heart or is it DIY? Thanks! As soon as I wrap up Christmas, it’s time to start on Valentine’s Day projects. 🙂
This one is hand-shaped. You could enlarge your favorite heart shape, print it and use it as a template to bend the wire. Yay for Valentine’s Day!!
hi i dowloaded these files amd there are no flowers
did i do something wrong ???
Hi Kylee! We just added the flowers to the downloads, so you can re-download the project 🙂
I am a beginner at flowers, and I was wondering if this would be easy to make? Thanks!
The wreath includes 3 different crepe flowers, so you might want to start with the crepe cosmos or rose bud to get a feel for working with crepe. You can also use any flower combination you like, so if you’re not up for the peony, our anemone is a nice beginner flower!
Thanks! I was getting skeptical when I saw the peony. Thanks for the option!
Can you make these flowers with card stock? Thanks in Advance!
Hi Pam! I personally prefer text weight for all my paper flowers since it’s easier to work with, but you can certainly use cardstock 🙂