For this month’s Member Make workshop, we will be teaching you how to make this beautiful crepe paper bearded iris that Meagan designed. As always, everything we used is linked below, and you can find the flower pattern at the end of this post.
Once you’ve gathered all of your tools and materials, you can join our live workshop on February 19th at 11:00 a.m. PT.
Let’s grow together
If you haven’t been to one of our workshops before, these monthly challenges are designed to help you grow your skills as a paper flower maker. Because this is an intermediate flower, you may or may not be able to craft along with us, depending on your skill level. But I encourage everyone to join us as this is a great time for you to meet other members and for us all to connect in real time!
Crafting tips: This crepe paper bearded iris has a lot of hand-cut fringe, so you’ll want to keep that in mind. Also, we used a new coloring technique that involves using a water brush with watercolors. This allows the colors of these petals to be very customizable. We recommend practicing painting on scrap pieces of crepe before coloring your petals.
Ready to get started? If you haven’t joined us for Member Make before, be sure to read the instructions on how to participate.
How to Join Our Member Make Challenge
- Become a member and — if you want to meet other flower makers and get more crafting tips — join our Facebook page for members (the link to join will be in your welcome email).
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need to make your crepe paper bearded iris — listed below. Then download the printable template or SVG file at the end of this post.
- Join our YouTube Live on February 19th at 11:00 a.m. PST to craft this crepe paper bearded iris with us. We will share the link to join on the Facebook page for members and send it to members who are on our email list. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Watch our video tutorial to craft along with us and create your own crepe paper bearded iris . Remember, you can always use a different color of crepe paper, try different techniques, and arrange your flowers differently.
- If you need some guidance, reach out to us and others in our crafting community. You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members. Make sure to use the hashtag #MemberMake on Instagram and Facebook so your project is easy to find.
- Lastly, share your final version of your crepe paper bearded iris ! You can post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Niji Water Brush – 12mm
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Chiffon
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Ferns & Moss
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- Thick Paper-Covered Stem Wire
- 26-Gauge White Paper-Covered Wire
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- 32-Color Watercolor Pan Set