We are so excited to kick off this year of creativity with you! And it starts right now with all of the details you need to get ready for our live Member Make workshop this month. Normally Meagan designs a paper flower for us all to learn how to make, but this time I will be showing you how to make a crepe paper cabbage rose wreath. In addition to making the wreath, I will show you how to make the full stem version as well so you can use this crepe paper cabbage rose in a bouquet.
Get ready for our workshop by gathering the tools and materials you need from our list below. Then join us live on January 15th at 11 a.m. PT!
Make some buds this month!
Member Make is always a fun time for us all to get together. Along with asking us questions, you can also meet and chat with other members that are part of our crafting community. Even if you can only pop in for a bit, we encourage you to join us live!
Because it is Valentine’s Day next month, I decided that our crepe paper cabbage rose wreath needed to be heart-shaped. Luckily we happen to have some heart wreaths in our shop still, which I ended up spray painting gold. You can spray yours too if you would like or keep it silver. Of course you can also use a different wreath form too.
Ready to get started? If you haven’t joined us for Member Make before, be sure to read the instructions on how to participate.
How to Join Our Member Make Challenge
- Become a member and — if you want to meet other flower makers and get more crafting tips — join our Facebook page for members.
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need to make your crepe paper cabbage rose heart wreath — listed below. Then download the printable template or SVG file at the end of this post.
- Join our YouTube Live on January 15th at 11:00 a.m. PST to craft this crepe paper cabbage rose heart wreath with us. We will share the link to join on the Facebook page for members and send it to members who are on our email list. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Watch our video tutorial to craft along with us and create your own crepe paper cabbage rose heart wreath. Remember, you can always use a different color of crepe paper, try different techniques, change the wreath form, or make a bouquet instead.
- If you need some guidance, reach out to us and others in our crafting community. You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members. Make sure to use the hashtag #MemberMake on Instagram and Facebook so your project is easy to find.
- Lastly, share your final version of your crepe paper cabbage rose! You can post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Paintbrush (for PanPastel)
- High-Temperature Hot Glue Gun
- Lia Griffith Heavy Crepe Paper – Coral and Mango
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Olive
- 10mm Cotton Spun Paper Balls
- 15mm Cotton Spun Paper Balls
- 18-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire
- 24-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire
- Heart-Shaped Hoop Wreath
- Gold Spray Paint (optional — for heart wreath)
- PanPastel Lia Griffith Designer Set (optional)