We cannot wait to craft these gorgeous crepe paper calla lilies for our December Member Make! Since this month’s workshop is a little earlier than normal because of Christmas, we posted this project one week earlier so you could get prepared for our workshop. If you haven’t gotten your supplies yet, there’s still time to order what you need from our list below — so make sure to do that now!
Members can join us live on December 11th at 11 am PST, or you can always find the video here later to watch.
This plum crepe paper of ours is the perfect color for winter, plus we made them look even darker with some black PanPastel. If you have not colored your paper petals before, we will show you how to do this during our live workshop. This is a crafting technique we use regularly to give our crepe paper flowers more detail and make them look more realistic.
Ready to craft with us? If you haven’t joined us for Member Make before, be sure to read the instructions on how to participate.
How to Join Our Member Make Challenge
- Become a member and — if you want to meet other flower makers and get more crafting tips — join our Facebook page for members.
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need to make your crepe paper calla lilies — listed below. Then download the printable template or SVG file at the end of this post.
- Join our YouTube Live on December 11th at 11:00 a.m. PST to craft these crepe paper calla lilies with us. We will share the link to join on the Facebook page for members and send it to members who are on our email list. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Watch our video tutorial to craft along with us and create your own crepe paper calla lilies. Remember, you can always use a different color of crepe paper, try different techniques, or get creative with your flower arrangements.
- If you need some guidance, reach out to us and others in our crafting community. You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members. Make sure to use the hashtag #MemberMake on Instagram and Facebook so your project is easy to find.
- Lastly, share your final version of your crepe paper calla lilies! You can post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Tweezers
- Art Sponge
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Sangria & Aubergine and Ferns & Moss
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Juniper and Aubergine
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- 12mm Cotton Spun Paper Balls
- Thick Paper-Covered Stem Wire
- 24-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- Mod Podge – Matte
- PanPastel – Black (800.5)
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
Hi If you are thinking of shipping to the UK bear in mind that you may have to pay duty as well as shipping
We are using USPS Priority International, as we understand that this gives a fast service and also removes any duties and taxes that you may otherwise be charged.
There were coupons mentioned. There is nothing in my dashboard. Can you elaborate on where to find them. Thanks!
Hi! To get your bonus shop coupon ($20 off your purchase of $100 or more), make sure you have linked your membership account to our online shop (or you can link an existing account). You can do that in My Craft Room in the Rewards tab here: https://liagriffith.com/craft-room/rewards/. Once you have linked your account, your coupon should appear in your Felt Paper Scissors shop account under the “Coupons” tab. As you add items to your cart, your $20 coupon will appear on the checkout page for easy access once you have reached the $100 or more value. If you have any issues with this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org!
These Calla Lillies were the perfect flower to add to the bouquet I was making for my mom. I posted it on our community Facebook page. Thank you soooooo much! I want to wish everyone that is part of Team Lia a very happy holiday! May you all stay safe, stay healthy, and your holiday full of love and laughter! **PS-Can’t wait to start the Master Class!
Thank you so much, we wish you the best this holiday season! See you soon 🙂
Hi Lia. I cannot get the video to load this morning. Let me know when it is available. Thanks. Valerie
Hi Valerie! It’s working on my end– try going to the YouTube page directly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV7JlWc8ncY&feature=emb_title
thanks for the live stream today, I enjoyed it very much. Happy holidays, Lia , to you and your team!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it. We always have fun!! Happy Holidays to you 🙂
I just wanted to wish all the Lia Griffith team a very happy holiday season and happy 2021. You all have been such a bright spot during a tumultuous 2020. Cheers and thank you!
Thank you, Colleen! We hope you have a wonderful holiday season as well. We’re so glad to have you as part of our community!!
New member and excited to do this project with you. I have all of my supplies purchased but was wondering if we are supposed to cut our petals, leaves, etc before the class or are we supposed to work along with you?
Welcome! We’re so glad to have you. For the monthly Member Make, you should have everything cut out and ready to go if you’d like to make along with us.
Is the greenery with the calla lilies faux or real?
The evergreen sprigs are real 🙂
Thanks Lia I just put in the order.
Great! Thank you!
The 12MM COTTON SPUN BALLS – PACK OF 100 are sold out in your shop. Is there another location to purchase them?
Hi Laura! You can find them here until we get ours back in stock! https://www.smilemercantile.com/collections/spun-cotton/products/spun-cotton-balls?variant=40844432775