If you watched this month’s inspiration video on the home page, then you know that this month we are all about purple! This crepe paper clematis is a brand-new flower for us that Meagan designed. And it looks even more stunning in our DIY geometric vase that Krista made out of paper.
This is an easy flower to make and simple enough to cut by hand. Or you can always use your Maker or Cameo 4 if you prefer.
Did you know the clematis is a symbol for being clever, original, and inventive? Pretty perfect for paper flower makers! To craft our crepe paper clematis bouquet, we made seven flowers and then added some filler greenery, which we show you how to make in the tutorial below. You will also see how we colored the petals using a white paint marker.
We can’t wait to see your version of this sweet, dainty flower. So make sure to share it with us on our Facebook page for members or by tagging #MadeWithLia on Instagram.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tips: Bend flower and leaf stems when finished to make them wiggly and look more like a vine. After attaching petals, hang the flower upside down until glue has dried to prevent petals from falling.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Kai Scissors – 5.5″
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Lilac, Chiffon, and Cypress
- Floral Tape — Fern
- 18-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire
- 24-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire
- Tacky Glue
- Uni-Posca Paint Marker — White
How to Make a Crepe Paper Clematis
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Cut crepe paper according to template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Fringe stamen following grain lines using detail scissors.
- Curl fringe using your curling tool.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.