These pretty crepe paper dahlias are just another one of our paper flower projects made easy. Follow our simple set of instructions and our step-by-step photo tutorial to make a bouquet of your very own!
Tools & Materials
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Art Sponge
- Floral Wire – 20 gauge
- Floral Tape
- 1/2” Wood Bead
- PanPastel – red iron oxide tin
- Extra Fine Crepe – vanilla, chiffon
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out the petals according to the template notes using scissors. Use the vanilla crepe paper for the largest petals and the chiffon crepe for the rest.
- Glue the oval piece of crepe over the small wood bead.
- Glue all but 6 small petals around the wood bead so that the tips just touch.
- Take the remaining 6 small petals and roll them.
- Glue the 6 small rolled petals around the bead, spacing them evenly apart.
- Use the art sponge to apply the pink PanPastel to the bottom of the petals and to the flower’s center.
- Glue the medium size chiffon petals around the flower’s center.
- Glue the large vanilla petals around the flower’s center.
- Pull the petals away from the center to open up the flower.
- Glue the floral wire into the center of the base of the flower.
- Wrap the base of the flower and the wire with floral tape.
Fore more of our crepe paper flower projects, click here.
Share photos of your finished crepe paper flowers with the Lia Griffith community using #LoveLia. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and sign up for a membership today! As always, feel free to reach out to us with comments, questions and/or concerns – we love hearing from you. Until next time ~ Lia & Team