As usual, we are super excited about this month’s Member Make! We had a lot of requests for a crepe paper dahlia flower. So today at 11:00 a.m. PT, Meagan and I will be going live to show you how to craft one using our flower template.
If you’re new here, these live craft workshops are a special perk we offer to members. So if you want to join in on the fun and improve your flower-making skills, make sure to sign up for a membership!
Dahlias are such a gorgeous flower. If you’ve been following me for a while, then you have probably seen our many versions of this stunning beauty! We have used dahlias in wreaths and bouquets — and as table settings, wall art, and gift toppers. I once even made a dahlia dress.
In fact, this whole week has been about dahlias. If you missed it, we posted a tutorial for a felt dahlia as well as how to use our frosted paper dahlia kit for a pretty bridal bouquet. The crepe paper dahlia flower that we have designed for today is stunning, and we can’t wait to show you how to make it!
When you’re ready to get started on your crepe paper dahlia flower for this month’s Member Make, just download the flower template or SVG file at the end of this post. Then collect your craft tools and materials and follow along with our live video tutorial. You can also cut all of your pieces beforehand if you want to craft your dahlia along with me and Meagan.
If you have not participated in Member Make before, we have outlined how to join below. Otherwise, you can skip on down the post to download our dahlia flower pattern.
How to Join Our Member Make Challenge
- Become a member. And make sure to join our exclusive Facebook page for members!
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need for this crepe paper dahlia flower —listed below. Then download the flower pattern at the end of this post.
- Tune in today at 11:00 a.m. PST to craft along with us! You can find the link to the YouTube Live tutorial on the Facebook page for members and in your inbox. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Watch our flower video tutorial to craft along with us and create your own version of this crepe paper dahlia. You can use different colors of paper, materials, or techniques; color your petals with PanPastel; or play around with how you arrange and style your dahlias.
- If you need some guidance, reach out to us and others in our crafting community! You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members. And make sure to use the hashtag #MemberMake on Instagram and Facebook so your project is easy to find.
- Share your crepe paper dahlia flower (or bouquet) with us! Make sure to post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Heavy Crepe Paper — Merlot
- Double-Sided Crepe Paper – Fern & Moss
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Cypress
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- Small Cotton Spun Paper Balls
- Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- 24-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- Design Master Color Tool Spray — Violeta
- Cardstock Paper
To download this paper flower pattern and get instant access to thousands of DIY projects plus a private Facebook group full of all levels of crafters, join our crafting community!