Today is National Dandelion Day! In the spirit of these cheery flowers we have created our own version using our crepe paper line. Craft yourself some sunshine by following our tips, tricks, and steps below.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Heavy Crepe Paper – Lia Griffith “Juniper”, and “Nectarine”
- Text Weight Paper – Paper Papers Stardream Metallic “Fairway”
- Green Paper Covered Floral Wire – 18 Gauge
- Floral Tape – Lia Griffith “Fern”
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Cut the crepe paper according to the pattern notes.
- Stretch the crepe paper as far as it will.
- Cut the yellow crepe strip in half, then cut the green crepe paper into 1.5” pieces.
- Cut the long edge of both the green and yellow crepe paper with the pinking shears.
- Fringe the pinked edge of the yellow and green crepe paper.
- Curl the fringed edge of the green crepe and one of the yellow crepe pieces.
- Take the unfringed piece of crepe and glue one end to the tip of the wire.
- Wrap the crepe around the wire gluing it into place.
- Continue by wrapping the curled fringed piece of yellow crepe around the previously glued crepe with the fringe curling out.
- Pinch the base of the flower in and around the wire.
- Glue the green fringed crepe around the base of the flower with the fringe curling out.
- Wrap the wire stem with three layers of floral tape to thicken the stem, begin wrapping just under the base of the flower.
- Trim the center of the flower a bit shorter using the pinking shears.
- If you would like to add some leaves cut them out of fairway, then use a dab of hot glue and some floral tape to attach them to the end of a wire.
Flaunt Your Flower Power!
Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia . We love seeing the creative magic you conjure so strut your stuff and flaunt those project photos for all to see — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
We’re here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s.
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team