Spring is a time for rebirth in nature, and it can also be a perfect opportunity to refresh your home decor. Displaying flowers is always gorgeous for the warmer months, and there is almost no other flower that is more classically spring than a daffodil. To celebrate the season we are making these stunning crepe paper double daffodils! Their doubled centers make them extra luscious, and because the petals are mostly white with just a soft hint of yellow, they match with any home decor scheme.
Tools & Materials
- Low Temperature Hot Glue Gun
- Crepe Paper [Extra Fine: White, Cypress]
- Yellow Art Marker
- 18 Gauge Floral Wire
- Floral Tape
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Print the PDF template below and cut your crepe pieces according to the pattern.
- Color the top edge of the rectangular pieces of crepe with yellow marker.
- Gently stretch the top edges of the rectangles and flower petals to create a ruffled look.
- Glue the ruffled rectangle pieces around the end of a piece of floral wire, adding in the 6 smallest petals as you continually wrap the rectangular piece around. This will create a beautiful mix between the white petals and yellow detailing.
- Glue the medium-sized and then the larger petals around the flower center.
- Wrap the floral wire with floral tape starting at the base of the bloom. Glue leaves to stem and use floral tape to secure in place.
For a visual guide to crafting crepe paper double daffodils, find our photo tutorial at the bottom of the post!
If you are new to crafting with crepe, we always recommend watching our Crepe Paper 101 video for tips on cutting and stretching the crepe paper. Extra fine crepe is the perfect material to make soft looking daffodil petals, just like the real blooms. You can find our crepe materials in Shop this Project below. Because we did not have a yellow crepe paper, we used a Copic marker in Cadmium Yellow to add yellow detailing to our white crepe. These daffodils are a great example of how well nice markers can blend into the paper, just like with crepe tulips.
Browse all of our crepe paper flower projects to explore the possibilities of our favorite papercrafting material. Take a look at our color selection if our paper shop if you want inspiration to design your own paper flowers. If you are just starting out with flower making and would rather have a video tutorial for in depth instructions, be sure to watch our double sided crepe paper anemones tutorial. Head to our membership page to start downloading, or follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for daily glimpses of what we’re up to. Happy Spring! ~ Lia & Team