Get creative with crepe and try our new paper echinacea project. Featuring our NEW gorgeous extra fine crepe from our shop in lilac, mango, cypress, and onyx, these blooms are a beautiful and unique work of art. Simply gather the supplies listed below and scroll down to craft along with our step-by-step photo tutorial.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine Crepe Paper in Black, Cypress, Lilac, and Mango
- Copic Sketch Art Markers in Vermilion (R08)
- Pan Pastel in Magenta
- Green Paper Covered wire – 18-gauge
- Lia Griffith Floral Tape in Green
- Tacky Glue
- Gather the tools and materials listed below.
- Cut the crepe paper according to the template notes using scissors or the Cricut Maker.
- Glue the yellow crepe between the two black pieces allowing the yellow to peek out on one side.
- Color the tips of the yellow crepe with the marker, then fringe the crepe very small.
- Wrap and glue the fringed crepe around the end of the wire.
- Brush the base of the petals with magenta pan pastel.
- Curl the base of the petals.
- Then glue six petals evenly around the flower’s center.
- Next, glue the remaining six petals between the petals already glued.
- Cup the middle of the small leaves.
- Glue six leaves around the base of the flower.
- Wrap the base of the flower and stem with floral tape.
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy Spring! ~ Lia & Team