We’re taking a break today from our fall decor ideas and Halloween crafts for a special DIY wedding project! Our marketing copywriter, Valerie, is getting married this weekend. So, keeping her fall wedding flowers and colors in mind, our designer Meagan crafted this crepe paper flower hair comb for her to wear on her wedding day.
Because we have designed these flowers already, Meagan used templates from projects we have posted in the past to craft the crepe paper flowers, berries, and greenery. We will link those tutorials below for you. Once you have everything assembled, you can make this wedding hair accessory for yourself (or as a gift) in just six simple steps!
May Your Love Continue to Blossom
A DIY floral hair comb is an easy way to add a personal touch to your wedding day. And it makes such a special keepsake! Today we are showing you how simple it is to create your own crepe paper flower hair comb for your wedding day.
To create this floral hair comb, simply gather the tools and materials listed below. If these crepe paper colors don’t fit your color scheme, you can always choose different shades. Dark purples and reds are perfect for fall and winter. But if you’re having a spring or summer wedding, you may want to choose lighter shades. The good news is that we have a great variety of crepe paper colors in our online store that are perfect for any season!
If you want to mix it up and get creative, you can always choose flowers from our crepe paper flower kits to use for your crepe paper flower hair comb. Of course you can also try it with frosted flowers instead! Whatever you decide, we’d love to see it, so make sure to share your hair comb with us by tagging #MadeWithLia.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Hair Comb
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- Wire – 26 Gauge
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Secret Garden Collection: Cypress and Blush
- Lia Griffith Heavy Crepe Paper — Tropical Garden Collection: Merlot
Tutorials Needed for Crepe Paper Flower Hair Comb
How to Make a Crepe Paper Flower Hair Comb
- Gather your craft tools and materials.
- Assemble three crepe paper rosebuds using our heavy crepe paper in merlot, one ranunculus using our extra-fine crepe paper in blush, two sweet pea blooms using our extra-fine crepe paper in blush, and two sweet pea leaf stems using our extra-fine crepe paper in cypress.
- Use floral tape to attach your large rosebud to one stem of greens.
- Then, attach two sweet pea flowers near your rosebud using floral tape.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest for daily craft ideas and inspiration. Or check out our video tutorials for paper flowers. To start crafting with us, sign up for your own Lia Griffith membership. Happy crafting! ~ Lia and team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.