This is Ranunculus!
Striking detail, numerous colors, and outstanding 3-dimensional texture. Our crafts are getting quite ridiculous! (Or is it ranunculus? Radical? We don’t know at this point.) In any case, this ranunculus flower – made out of our extra-fine crepe paper – is perfect to hone your crafting skills. Plus, it looks downright gorgeous!
And it’s really easy to make. All you do is gather the tools and materials, then download the templates through either SVG or PDF. Follow the step-by-step instructions to make your crepe paper ranunculus a reality!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine Crepe Paper – Fern, Vanilla, Blush, and Coral
- Text Weight Paper (for leaves) – Stardream Metallic Fairway, Basis Olive
- 18-gauge Green Paper Covered Stem Floral Wire
- 1/2″ Foam Ball
- Tacky Glue
- If you haven’t already, become a Lia Griffith Annual Member. This gives you access to unlimited SVG downloads!
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut crepe paper according to pattern notes.
- Curl the crepe petals with the grain lines using the curling tool.
- Using your fingers gently stretch and cup the center of each petal.
- Glue the foam ball to the end of the wire stem.
- Cover the ball with the fern crepe paper petals allowing the tops to rue around the ball.
- Glue the vanilla petals in rotation around the center, place in layers of 6 petals.
- Repeat step 8 with the blush petals.
- Glue the larger coral petals in rotation around the base of the flower, allow the petals to rue out and away from the flower’s center.
- Glue the smaller coral petals in rotation around the base of the flower.
- When gluing the last layer of petals place them neatly around the stem
- Cut out the leaves according to template notes.
- Curl the leaves using the curling tool
- Glue a wire between two leaves using hot glue.
Make All the Flowers!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with the LG community by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting! ~ Lia and Team