Fairy wear made simple! Celebrate your inner forest fairy with our paper flower fairy crown. Download our patterns and print. Then use either our PDF pattern to cut by hand or our SVG files the cut with a cutting machine! We highly recommend the all-new Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air for this project and so many of our others… the latest and greatest technology in the craft cutting world.
Tools & Materials
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Wire Cutters
- Art Sponge
- Tacky Glue
- Text Weight Paper
- Art Markers
- Green Paper Covered Floral Wire – 20 Gauge
- Natural Floral Wire
- Lia Griffth Floral Tape in Green
- Vine Wrapped Wire
- Foam balls – 1/2”
- Wooden Beads – 1/4”
- Ribbon – Green 1/8” Magenta 1/8” Sheer pink 3/8”
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut the tissue paper according to the pattern notes using a pair of scissors.
- Using tacky glue, glue one square of tissue paper onto each bead so it is fully covered.
- String three berries onto a 3” piece of wire, then loop the end of the wire to hold the beads in place.
- Next, cut out the crepe paper for the flower buds according to the pattern notes using the scissors or the Cricut Maker.
- Take a foam ball and glue the round piece of crepe onto the top of it, then glue six petals around the foam ball.
- Glue a 3” piece of wire into the base of the bud, then take the flower sepal and glue it around the base of the flower.
- Wrap the wire with floral tape from the base of the flower bud down.
- With the art sponge apply the PanPastel to the tips of the flower bud’s petals.
- Then cut out the flowers according to the pattern notes using scissors or a cutting machine. Curl the petals using the edge of the scissors.
- Next glue each flower around a 3” piece of wire and place a dot of glue over the tip of the wire.
- Cut out the leaves according to the pattern notes using a scissors or a cutting machine.
- With the Copic marker, color the leaves.
- Fold the leaves along the score lines and use the scissors to curl the edge of the leaves.
- Take a 45” piece of vine wrapped wire, fold it into thirds and twist it together, and then create a loop on each end to attach the ribbon.
- Trim two 24” pieces of each ribbon color.
- Take three of the ribbons, string them through one of the loops, fold the ends over the wire and glue them onto the rest of the ribbon.
- Then take a 4” piece of the magenta ribbon and wrap it around where you have glued, then glue it into place. Repeat steps 17 – 18 on the other loop.
- Begin gluing the flowers, flower buds and berries to the head wreath.
- Fill in the rest of the head wreath with the leaves. Glue them on so they are all facing the same direction.
For this project, we used Paper Papers Pop-Tone text weight paper in Jellybean Green and Curious Metallic in Ice Silver. We used Copic Sketch in Grass Green (YG17) for our marker. Find floral wire on Amazon and floral tape from our online shop. You can also find Magenta PanPastel on Amazon.
Keep crafting with us and sign up for your Lia Griffith membership today! Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for more DIY inspiration. For a chance to have your work featured on our social media, use #MadeWithLia. Your creativity is our biggest inspiration! Much love ~ Lia & Team