No matter what we do, we always find it tricky to keep succulents alive. That’s why we’ve crafted many of our own felt and paper succulents over the years. Since we already have so many simple succulents for you to make, Meagan decided to design something a bit more challenging. These crepe paper flowering succulents are a great way to expand your crafting skills and will look gorgeous in your home!
Due to all of the pieces that need to be cut, we recommend using a cutting machine to speed things up. But you can also cut by hand using our template.
Just keep blooming
One of the things we love about these crepe paper flowering succulents is that they will always be in bloom. You can also easily customize this project to make different sizes of succulents in various colors. We’d love to see what you create using our pattern, so be sure to share it with us by posting photos to our Facebook page for members or by tagging #MadeWithLia on Instagram.
Skill level: Intermediate due to the small flowers and extra steps needed to make your own double-sided crepe paper for the leaves. Also, blending the PanPastel takes some practice.
Crafting tips: Make sure to watch our mini course on how to create DIY double-sided crepe paper. You can also use the different sizes of leaves provided in the template to create a variety of sizes of succulents. What I have made is just a suggestion!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- StarCraft Heat Press, Cricut EasyPress, or Iron
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Fern, Coral, and Mango
- Stitch Witchery
- PanPastel — Magenta, Bright Yellow Green, and Phthalo Green Tint
- 6mm Spun Balls
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- UV Resistant Fixative Spray (optional)
- Floral Foam
- Moss or Rocks
- 4″ Pot
How to Make Crepe Paper Flowering Succulents
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut succulent leaves according to template notes using scissors or a cutting machine. Note: You will be making your own double-sided crepe paper for the leaves using our extra-fine crepe in Fern and Coral. If you need help with this, check out our mini course for tips!
- On the green side of the xs, small, and medium leaves, use a paint brush to apply magenta pan pastel to the tips and blue to the base of each leaf, then blend.
- On the coral side of the large and xl leaves, use a paint brush to lightly apply magenta to the tip blue to the base and green to the center, then blend.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.