This is the time of year when we love to make mums! Last month Meagan made some frosted paper mums that are perfect for beginners. And now for our October collection, she has designed these beautiful crepe paper football mums.
As you’ll see in our video tutorial below, this crepe paper flower has a lot of thin petals to shape, curl, and glue on. So we would say this is more of an intermediate paper flower project.
Kick off your crafternoon with some mums
Although we’ve made a lot of mums, this is the first time we’ve made crepe paper football mums. These flowers got their name because they were originally given as corsages for the homecoming football game and dance. That being said, we’d much rather use these big, wild blooms to make our own paper flower bouquet!
As with most of our paper flower arrangements, we like to mix in some smaller buds with our full-size blooms. Our video tutorial will show you how to make both. To get started, check out our tools and materials list, then download the flower SVG file or template below.
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Art Sponge
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Chiffon and Cypress
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Fern & Moss
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- 20mm Cotton Spun Paper Ball
- Thick Paper-Covered Stem Wire
- 24-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- UV Resistant Fixative Spray
- PanPastel — Red Iron Oxide Tint (380.8) and Magenta Extra Dark (430.1)
Love these crepe paper football mums? Browse all of our crepe paper flowers for more ideas.