Foxglove is one of those really striking flowers that can’t help but stand out because of how tall they can get. They are typically not thought of as plants you keep inside, though, so we wanted to create an indoor version that would be just as beautiful as the real thing. This crepe paper foxglove is so pretty and you can easily make your own version using our flower pattern and tutorial below.
The pattern is simple to cut by hand. Or you can use our SVG file if you have a Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
As Sly as a Fox(glove)
There are usually anywhere from 20–80 flowers on each spike of a foxglove. However, since our crepe paper foxglove is not five feet tall, we went with the lower end of that range when making our flowers. You can always experiment with your creation, but we would say that around 20 or 25 flowers is all you need for this size of foxglove.
When you start crafting your crepe paper foxglove, you can make yours in whatever color you prefer. We chose a light pink crepe paper and then colored the petals with a darker pink PanPastel to add more detail. This will also make the top and inside of the flower look more pale, which is how a real foxglove looks. After coloring our petals, we used a dark pink art marker to create the characteristic spots of a foxglove.
Everything we used to make this crepe paper foxglove is linked below, and you can find the downloads you need at the end of the post. If you have any questions, just leave us a comment!
How to Make a Crepe Paper Foxglove
- Gather tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Cut out crepe paper according to the pattern, using either your scissors or Cricut Maker/Silhouette Cameo 4.
- Use a paintbrush to apply PanPastels to both sides of petals. Add white dots to top of petals and maroon dots on and around white dots.
- Stretch center of petals and curl top edge outward. Glue and attach two sides of petal together so the curled edge is flipped outwards.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Paint Brush
- Lia Griffith Heavy Crepe Paper — Blush and Evergreen
- Green Floral Tape
- PanPastel — Magenta and Bright Yellow Green
- 24-Gauge Floral Wire
- Copic Marker — Peony (RV69)
- White Deco Color Opaque Paint Marker
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member