We are making a brand-new flower for this month’s Member Make! The mokara orchid is a cross of three different types of orchids and looks stunning in bouquets, arrangements, and centerpieces. If you want to learn how to make this crepe paper mokara orchid, check out our tools and materials list below.
Once you’ve got all your supplies ready and downloaded our flower pattern, you can join me and Emily live on September 24th at 11:00 am PDT. As always, we will be giving out a prize during the live, so make sure and tune in if you can!
Orange you glad we made this?
You can make your crepe paper mokara orchid in an orange combo as well as the pink combo. For my flowers, I switched up the centers for the petal colors, which you can also do — or not do! The choice is yours and you can get as creative as you’d like.
If you want to make your flowers during the live workshop, make sure to read our crafting tip and instructions below. On average, mokara orchids have about 6–10 blooms per stem, which are shaped like a starfish. And again, you can play around with how many blooms you want on a stem. I chose to have five blooms and love how they look!
Skill level: Intermediate
Crafting tip: You can prep for this workshop by watching our mini course on how to make double-sided crepe paper.
How to Join Our Member Make Challenge
- Become a member and — if you want to meet other flower makers and get more crafting tips — join our Facebook page for members (the link to join will be in your welcome email).
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need from our list below. Then download the crepe paper flower template or SVG file at the end of this post.
- Join our YouTube Live on September 24th at 11:00 a.m. PT to learn how to make this crepe paper mokara orchid. We will share the link to join on the Facebook page for members and send it to members who are on our email list. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Don’t forget to get creative with it! You can always use a different color of crepe paper for your flowers and leaves or try different techniques.
- If you need some guidance, reach out to us and others in our crafting community. You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members.
- Lastly, share your final version of your crepe paper mokara orchid! You can post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun or Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Tweezers
- Metal Ball Tool Set
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper: Coral, Camellia, Mango, Poppy, Fern, Cypress, and Juniper
- Fusible Web
- PanPastel Designer Set — Bright Yellow Green
- Blick Studio Brush Marker — Coral Pink
- Blick Matte Acrylic Paint — Yellow Medium
- Cotton Spun Balls – 8mm, 10mm
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered White
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Mod Podge – Matte
- Art Glitter Glue
- Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue
Note: If using our SVG file to make these flowers, you will need to download the PDF template to cut your leaves by hand. You can see how we will be making these leaves in our mini-course on creating your own double-sided paper.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.