Go to papercut paradise with these striking crepe paper helicona flowers! As part of our Pacific Islands bouquet for Cricut, these helicona add a bold contrast to the tropical mix. With just a few simple tools and materials, and a set of easy-to-follow steps, try these flowers on their own or make them to add to your bouquet. In addition to these vibrant helicona, we’ll be introducing you to our crepe paper pincushions, crepe paper birds of paradise, and tropical greenery in the coming days. Also check out our metallic paper ginger flowers for another taste of the tropics!
Click here for our beginner’s guide on how to make crepe paper flowers.
Tools & Materials
- Craft Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Floristic Crepe Paper – Goldenrod, Greenleaf
- Floral Tape — Fern
- Crayon – Yellow Green
- Aluminum Tubing – 36” x 7/32”
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out the crepe paper according to our template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Use the side of the yellow green crayon to color the point of each petal on both sides.
- Cup each petal by stretching it from the center with your fingers.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
For more DIY inspiration, follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up to become a Lia Griffith member today. Remember to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your projects — we love seeing what you’re up to! Lots of love ~ Lia & Team