These crepe paper mountain laurels are a first for us! And unlike most of our other crepe paper flowers, the petals are put together by gluing them together to form one cohesive shape.
Because of the small pieces involved and the precise angle that the petals need to be cut, we recommend using a cutting machine with our SVG file. Otherwise, you can cut your pieces by hand using our template.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Climb every mountain
We always love the challenge of creating a brand-new bloom — and helping you learn how to make it! This flower typically grows as a dense shrub and the blooms range in color from rose to white with unique purple markings. For our crepe paper mountain laurels, Meagan used our double-sided in white for the petals and added the purple details with a brush marker in merlot.
Another reason to make these flowers out of crepe paper is that they are toxic to humans and a variety of animals, including cats and dogs. When you’re done crafting your crepe paper mountain laurels, you can stick them in a vase and enjoy them year-round. Or you can also turn them into a potted plant — just add some more leaves to the stem to fill it out a bit.
Crafting tip: Since the petals are all glued together and connected on each side, we recommend assembling the petals and flower before the glue completely hardens to get the best flower shape.
How to Make Crepe Paper Mountain Laurels
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Cut the crepe paper and frosted paper according to template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Glue petal halves together so the gran in the crepe paper makes a “V”.
- Glue petals together along the longest edge, leave the short bottom edge not glued
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — White & White and Ferns & Moss
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Merlot
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Citrus Pack: Color 4
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- 10mm Spun Balls
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- Blick Studio Brush Markers — Merlot (128)
- PanPastel Artist Pastel — Bright Yellow Green 680.5
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member