We have a brand-new flower for you today! Designed by Meagan, this crepe paper nasturtium is a bit more on the complex side. So if you’re just starting out, we recommend any of our beginner paper flowers instead.
Because there are a lot of small and intricate pieces to cut, we recommend using your Maker or Cameo 4. But you can always cut by hand if you prefer.
I plant wait to make this
Nasturtiums can be compact or trailing. They can also climb with support. With these crepe paper nasturtium flowers, you can choose whether to place them in a vase or have them trailing down or around another object.
These flowers come in many different colors, including yellow, orange, and red. We made our crepe paper nasturtium using a pink shade, but of course you can use any color you want. Whatever color you choose for your flowers, our tutorial will show you how to add more detail to your petals to give the inside of your blooms that beautiful burst of color.
Skill level: Intermediate/advanced as there are a lot of small details and parts to the flowers and leaves.
Crafting tip: Try wrapping your crepe paper nasturtium up a stake in a pot or around one of our gold hoops, like we did in this vine project.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Honeysuckle, Chiffon, and Fern
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Green Tea & Cypress
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green and 24-Gauge Paper Covered White
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- Posca Paint Marker 3m — White
- Blick Studio Brush Markers — Orchid Pink (122)
How to Make a Crepe Paper Nasturtium
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Stretch stamen “A,” then wrap it around the tip of a 1.5″ 24-gauge white wire. Wrap the last 2 inches of crepe down to cover the wire.
- Make 5 stamen.
- Stretch stamen “B.”
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.