Who’s ready to craft some crepe paper pansies? Quite a few of our members have been asking us to make this pretty flower out of paper. And today, we FINALLY have them ready for you!
As you may know, we love to get member requests. So we’re excited to see what you think about this one. Especially since it’s our first-ever pansy on the site!
Pretty Paper Pansies
Pansies come in so many different colors and color combinations, giving you plenty of room to be creative. For these crepe paper pansies, our designer Meagan created a variation of purple and white flowers using our double-sided crepe paper. She also colored some of the pansies using a pigmented spray in lavender.
These sweet little blooms are such a joy. And simple to craft too! Just use our flower pattern below along with our step-by-step tutorial. And be sure to let us know if you have any questions. If you’re new to making flowers out of crepe paper, you can also check out our getting started page for crepe paper flowers.
Once you’re done making your crepe paper pansies, you can bunch them together in a pot and use them as home or office decor. They’d also make a lovely gift for a friend or neighbor. Whoever you’re crafting them for, we’d love to see the final product! You can share them with us using #MadeWithLia or by posting your pictures on our Facebook page for members.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine Crepe Paper — Cypress
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Sangria & Aubergine and White & Vanilla
- Design Master Colortool Spray in Lavender
- 24-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire
- Thick Paper-Covered Stem Wire
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- Mod Podge
How to Make Crepe Paper Pansies
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern at the end of this post.
- If you would like to change the color of the crepe paper, spray it with Design Master Colortool Spray.
- Cut crepe paper according to the template notes, using your scissors or Cricut Maker.
- Use tacky glue to glue petals 3A together. Using a paintbrush and mod podge, glue corresponding “B” Petals to “A” petals.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Make More Paper Flowers
Love working with crepe paper? Browse all of our crepe paper flower tutorials. Or explore our entire selection of paper flowers and plants.
For daily craft ideas and inspiration, join us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. Or check our YouTube channel for paper flower video tutorials and other fun craft projects.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
[…] LIA GRIFFITH […]
I so want to make these beautiful pansy’s but the svg cut file does not match the template. Did I overlook the correct svg file somewhere?
Thank you kindly for your help.
Hi Judith, the files look correct on our end. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of what you’re seeing so we can better assist you!
That is so weird! I went back into the file that I had saved and I have two different pansy files now.
One is the “other” that did not match. The other is the correct one. It is heck getting old sometimes!….lol Thank you so very much for your help and your beautiful, beautiful patterns and inspiration! All is good now.
So happy you got it all sorted! 🙂