Go after your dreams
Dahlias are usually one of the more difficult flowers to make out of crepe paper, but I’ve figured out a way to make it easier so even beginners can craft this flower! For our crepe paper peaches and dreams dahlia, I am using a combination of crepe paper with a frosted paper base for each layer. This gives it a bit more structure, and I can’t wait to show you how to make it.
To prepare for our workshop, gather your tools and materials below. Then join us live on October 22nd at 11:00am PDT, or you can watch the video recording later.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Sometimes things seem more difficult than they are — much like this crepe paper peaches and dreams dahlia! After spotting this flower at a local flower shop, I ended up bringing it home so I could take it apart. It was only then that I noticed a little piece that held the petals in, so I decided to replicate it out of paper. We are going to show you this new method during the workshop, and I think you will find it makes crafting this flower a lot simpler.
Along with showing you how to make the full bloom, we will also show you how to make the flower buds so you can create a full and realistic arrangement. If you haven’t joined one of our live workshops before, make sure to read the steps below. Otherwise you can skip on down to the tools and materials list.
How to Join Our Member Make Challenge
- Become a member and — if you want to meet other flower makers and get more crafting tips — join our Facebook page for members (the link to join will be in your welcome email).
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need from our list below. Then download the crepe paper flower template or SVG file at the end of this post.
- Join our YouTube Live on October 22nd at 11:00 a.m. PT to learn how to make this crepe paper peaches and dreams dahlia. We will share the link to join on the Facebook page for members and send it to members who are on our email list. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Don’t forget to get creative with it! You can always use different materials or try different techniques.
- If you need some guidance, reach out to us and others in our crafting community. You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members.
- Lastly, share your final version of your crepe paper peaches and dreams dahlia! You can post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Fern and Juniper
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Green Tea & Cypress / Ferns & Moss and Blush & Chiffon / Peach & Petal
- 15 mm Cotton Spun Paper Balls
- 20mm Cotton Spun Paper Balls
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- PanPastel — Bright Yellow Green
- Lia Griffith Frosted Paper — Citrus Pack: pale yellow OR White Printer Paper (this part of the flower will not show)
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member