This cute crepe mini pincushion protea flower makes a beautiful filler when arranging a tropical crepe paper flower arrangement. Because we love it so much we decided to update the template and give it a refresh from our original design from six years ago. We are always leaning new techniques, so integrating them into our favorite flowers is a must!
This simple flower is a wonderful way to fine tune your fringing techniques, since all of the tiny petals are made from the fringed heavy crepe paper. For this version, I chose to use the heavy crepe paper since it has a wonderful stiffness which will hold the shape of the tiny petals.
You can choose from any of the orange tones of heavy crepe, and feel free to mix and match. My tip for picking colors is to choose a lighter tone for the tips and shorter fringe.
If you enjoy making tropical crepe paper flowers, be sure to check out all of these colorful options. And once you have them made, you can join us for our next Arranging Paper Flowers Master Class where we feature these pretty little blooms.
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Pinking Shears — Scallop
- Curling Tool
- Fringe Clip
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutter
- Lia Griffith Heavy Crepe Paper — Amber, Poppy, Tangerine, Mango and Juniper
- Green Paper Covered Wire — 18-gauge & 24-gauge
- Art Glitter Glue or Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Gather your tools and materials.
- Cut the crepe paper according to the template notes.
- Stretch the “fringe tip” piece, then fold it in half lengthwise and across the grain.
- Glue the edge of the larger fringe piece on one half of the stretched tip piece.
(full photo tutorial in the download below)
Connect with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, or sign up for a membership to take your crafting to the next level! Always feel free to reach out with questions and feedback… we love hearing from you. And remember to us #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your projects! Happy crafting ~ Lia & Team
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.