Search no further! Our amazing crepe paper pincushion flowers are just the tropical treat you’ve been looking for. As part of our Pacific Islands bouquet for Cricut, these pincushion blooms are another fun and vibrant pop to add to the mix. Fun and simple to craft! In addition to these pincushions, in the coming days we’ll be introducing you to our crepe paper birds of paradise and tropical greenery. And don’t forget to revisit our crepe paper ginger flowers and crepe paper helicona flowers for more Pacific paper fun!
Tools & Materials
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Floristic Crepe Paper – Goldenrod, Greenleaf
- Copic Marker – Vermilion R08
- Floral Tape – Green
- Floral Wire – 18 gauge
- Foam Ball – 1”
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut the crepe paper according to the template notes.
- Color both sides of the golden crepe paper with the marker and leave 1/2 an inch at the top and bottom uncolored.
- Fringe the golden crepe paper.
- Twist each fringe tight.
- Color one side of the small square of golden crepe with the marker.
- Stretch the square of golden crepe over the foam ball and glue into place.
- Begin wrapping the fringed crepe paper around the foam ball starting at the top half of the ball. Continue wrapping around, moving down and around the ball and gluing it into place as you go.
- Push the floral wire into the foam ball at the base of the flower and glue it into place.
- Take the two leaves and stretch them from the middle using your fingers.
- Glue the tops of the leaves across from each other at the base of the flower.
- Wrap the stem with floral tape starting at the base of the flower.
Connect with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, or sign up for a membership to take your crafting to the next level! Always feel free to reach out with questions and feedback… we love hearing from you. And remember to us #LoveLia when sharing photos of your projects! Happy crafting ~ Lia & Team