How gorgeous is this crepe paper protea? The protea is such a unique flower and is sure to stand out in a wedding bouquet or other floral arrangement.
To help you make this flower, we’ve created a printable template that’s simple to cut by hand. Or you can always use your Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 with our SVG file.
Are You a Crafting Pro(tea)?
You don’t need to be a pro to make this crepe paper protea! Our pattern makes this flower really easy to craft. Plus we have a step-by-step tutorial for you to follow.
If you want to create a fuller bouquet like we did, just add some of your favorite greenery. Eucalyptus is always a popular filler. Or you can always make your own crepe paper greenery.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Wooden Skewer or Chopstick
- Art Sponge
- Curling Tool
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine Crepe Paper — Vanilla and Juniper
- Lia Griffith “Blush+Chiffon” Double-Sided Crepe Paper
- PanPastels — Pearlescent Red (953.5) and Bright Yellow Green (680.5)
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
How to Make a Crepe Paper Protea
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Cut the crepe paper according to template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Use an art sponge to apply pan pastel to the petals and half of the center piece of crepe.
- Fringe the uncolored side of the center crepe piece about 2 inches down.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.