For our July Member Make workshop, Meagan will be showing us how to make this beautiful crepe paper purple ranunculus. This is a more full and fluffy ranunculus than we have done in the past. And it also includes buds and leaves to add to your arrangement.
To get prepared for our live workshop on July 16th, check out our tools and materials list below.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
If you’ve made a ranunculus before, you know this flower has a lot of petals to layer. But we think it’s worth it! For this crepe paper purple ranunculus, you can cut the small petals by hand if you would like. However, we do recommend using a Maker or Cameo 4 for the leaves if you have one.
Don’t forget, you can always use another color of extra-fine crepe paper and experiment with how you color your petals. In our workshop, we will be showing you how to use PanPastel specifically to add more depth to your flower.
Crafting tips: We will be using all white glue just like in the last Member Make, so applying all of the (many) petals may be difficult for beginners. You must be careful to use small amounts of glue and allow it to dry/tack up if the paper becomes too wet.
How to Join Our Member Make Challenge
- Become a member and — if you want to meet other flower makers and get more crafting tips — join our Facebook page for members (the link to join will be in your welcome email).
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need from our list below. Then download the crepe paper flower template or SVG file at the end of this post.
- Join our YouTube Live on July 16th at 11:00 a.m. PT to learn how to make this crepe paper purple ranunculus. We will share the link to join on the Facebook page for members and send it to members who are on our email list. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Don’t forget to get creative with it! You can always use a different color of crepe paper for your flowers and leaves or try different coloring techniques.
- If you need some guidance, reach out to us and others in our crafting community. You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members.
- Lastly, share your final version of your crepe paper purple ranunculus! You can post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Cricut Maker 3 or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Tweezers
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Aubergine, Merlot, Cypress
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper – Ferns & Moss
- Floral Tape – Fern & Moss
- 12mm Cotton Spun Paper Balls or 10mm Cotton Spun Paper Balls
- Thick Paper-Covered Stem Wire
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- PanPastel – Burnt Sienna Extra Dark (740.1)
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member