We are switching things up just a bit for our first Member Make of 2020! Instead of our usual crepe paper flower, we will be showing you how to make this gorgeous crepe paper satsuma branch featuring vibrant oranges, dark green leaves, and small white blooms. Join us live today at 11:00 a.m. PST to craft along with us — or come back to this post later to watch the video tutorial.
This live workshop is for members only, so if you want to learn how to craft your own crepe paper satsuma branch, make sure to join our crafting community!
Orange you glad to be a member?
If you have not participated in one of our live workshops before, they are something we came up with as a special perk for members. We always have so much fun with these monthly crafting challenges. Plus they’re a great way to connect with crafters from all over the world. Even if you only pop in for a few minutes to say hi, we’d love to see you there!
This month, we wanted to challenge you with something a little different, which is why we’re crafting a crepe paper satsuma branch. Oranges are also in season right now and we love to come up with colorful citrus crafts during the colder months.
The details you need to join our Member Make challenge are listed below. If you’re familiar with how Member Make works, then just scroll down to download our satsuma orange pattern and start crafting!
How to Join Our Member Make Challenge
- Become a member. Once you’re a member, make sure to join our exclusive Facebook page for members!
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need for this crepe paper satsuma branch — listed below. Then download the printable template or SVG file at the end of this post.
- Tune in today at 11:00 a.m. PST to craft this project with us! You can find the link to the YouTube Live tutorial on the Facebook page for members and in your inbox. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Watch our video tutorial to craft along with us and create your own version of this crepe paper satsuma branch. You can use different colors of paper, materials, or techniques; change up the sizing and placement of your oranges; or get creative with how you style your new branch decor.
- If you need some guidance, reach out to us and others in our crafting community. You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members. Make sure to use the hashtag #MemberMake on Instagram and Facebook so your project is easy to find.
- Lastly, share your crepe paper satsuma branch with us! You can post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Ferns & Moss
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — White, Chiffon, and Mango
- Styrofoam Balls — 2″
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- 26-Gauge Floral Bind Wire — Brown
- Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue
- Mod Podge
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
Could you make this into a tree? (If so, suggestions how?) I see the orange tree video but I like this bark even better. Thank you!
Sure! Just find more branches, or a larger branch that looks like a bare tree.
Hi Lia I have looked everywhere and cannot find a 2″ styrofoam ball they are either 1.8″ or 2.3″. Which should I use? Or do you have a resource for a 2″ ball? Thanks
You can use either size and even both. These little guys grow in a variation of sizes in nature.
This is my first day as a member. Are we able to access this content prior to our membership date, because I cannot find a playback for the Satsuma Branch anywhere! Please help!
Yes you can access all projects prior to your membership start date! The video for this project is in the post, it is the second image down 🙂
Hi! I absolutely loved making this, but want to make some lemons. Do you have any suggestions for what I could use as a base for the fruit? Obviously, a round ball won’t work. Thanks! Janet.
I would suggest using a styrofoam egg as the base! You can shape it a bit with your hands before covering with paper. I would suggest using these eggs https://www.amazon.com/Floracraft-EG25H-Styrofoam-2-5-Inch-1-875-Inch/dp/B001IKGKS2?ref_=ast_bbp_dp
How many leaves have you used on each branch?
We used about 15 leaves for each branch!