A Hoot of a Project!
How adorable are these tiny felt owls?! Let your creativity take flight with this oh-so simple and fun new needle felted project today! Gather the supplies listed below and craft along with our easy step-by-step photo tutorial for a hoot of a time.
Fun fact — Did you know a group of owls is called a “parliament?” Get crafting and bring to life a whole parliament of your own owl pets with this DIY!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Felting Needle
- Felting Mat
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Roving Felt in White, Gray, Light Teal, and Teal
- 2 Black Beads
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Wrap gray roving felt around a foam egg and use the roving needle to poke repeatedly until the felt is smooth.
- Using the mat, create a heart shape in teal felt, making sure to keep the felt loose.
- Place the heart shape onto the gray body and repeatedly poke in the heart shape until it is smooth.
- Create a triangle-shaped nose and lines on the belly with a small amount of teal roving felt.
- Use a dab of glue to put black bead eyes onto the owl’s body.
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Cheers ~ Lia & Team