These tiny felt owls are so adorable! Let your creativity take flight with this oh-so simple and fun new needle-felted project today! Gather the supplies listed below and craft along with our easy step-by-step photo tutorial for a hoot of a time.
A Hoot of a Project!
Fun fact – Did you know a group of owls is called a “parliament?” Get crafting and bring to life a whole parliament of your own owl pets with this incredibly easy DIY craft!
Along with our tiny felt owls, you can craft a woodland scene with our paper trees and some small wood logs. These mini felt trees would also look super cute with our owls! For more seasonal fun, check out some of our winter crafts for additional ideas.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Lia Griffith Needle Felting Needle Holder
- Lia Griffith Felting Needles – pack of 6
- Lia Griffith Felting Pad
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle Felting Roving Wool – Natural White, Fog, Mint, and Spearmint
- 2 Black Beads
- Foam Egg or Needle Felting Core Wool
How to Make Felt Owls
- Gather the craft tools and materials listed above.
- Wrap gray roving felt around a foam egg and use the roving needle to poke repeatedly until the felt is smooth.
- Using the mat, create a heart shape in teal felt, making sure to keep the felt loose.
- Place the heart shape onto the gray body and repeatedly poke in the heart shape until it is smooth.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Cheers ~ Lia & team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.