*This cute robin has been updated since video was made :)*
A very round robin
We have been eager to update and expand our collection of needle-felted cuties using the New Zealand Corriedale wool that is now in our shop. Once you have collected the tools and materials listed here, you can print the bird template below that will give you not only the pattern for the felt base for the wings and tail but a size chart for the base and head of the bird.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Spring is in the air! And to share the sunny days with our newest needle-felted bunny, out pops an adorable needle-felted robin with his round, orange belly.
Below you will find the template for this sweet, little bird along with a step-by-step photo tutorial to help you craft him.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tip: My tip for any needle-felting beginner is to allow yourself time to sculpt with your needle. Start with the courser needle to create your base form as this will compact the felt quickly. As your needle-felted robin takes shape, move up to the middle with the finer needle. You can create a smooth, even finish for your bird with the finest needle.
How to Make a Needle-Felted Robin
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template above.
- Using the natural white wool, create an egg shape to match size of template.
- Using the natural white wool, create a half circle dome for the head to match the size on the template.
- Attach dome head to wide end of egg body.
Full tutorial available for members to download above.
Once you’ve crafted your needle-felted robin, you can put him in a little bird’s nest made out of a paper bag. Or place him on a handmade blooming branch or tree. You can also explore our needle-felted crafts for more ideas like this one.
- Needle Felting Pad
- Felting Needles – #36T, #38T, #40T
- Wood Needle Holder
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Needle-Nose Tweezers or Awl
- Detail Scissors
- Needle Felting Roving Wool – Tangerine, Natural White, and Natural Medium
- Wool Blend Felt – Oyster and Black
- Needle Felting Pin Eyes – two 3mm and one 2mm
- Two Chenille Stems
- Craft Glue
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member