If you’ve been following me for a while, then you know how much I love to upcycle paper bags. I have created a few paper baskets for Easter this way. And now Meagan has come up with this really cute paper bag bird nest that you can recreate using our tutorial.
This is an easy craft project that is also kid-friendly since you can use white glue or a glue stick.
The tweetest Easter craft
Our paper bag bird nest would make really cute table decor. Or you could even use it as a little treat basket at each place setting. Along with adding some candies to our birds nests, we styled them with some crepe paper tulip magnolias and the pear branch from one of our Member Make projects.
Crafting tip: The more paper strips you use and weave in, the stronger your nest will be.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun (you can also use a glue stick or white glue)
- Recycled Paper — We used paper grocery bags
How to Make a Paper Bag Bird Nest
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- Cut paper bag into a 12″x12″ square if cutting strips on a cutting machine.
- Cut strips according to template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Twist each paper bag strip using your fingers.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
If you make any of our craft projects for Easter, share it with us and the rest of our crafting community by tagging #MadeWithLia when you post pictures. For more ideas, explore all of our Easter crafts.
Want daily DIY inspiration? Come join us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. Or browse our YouTube channel for paper flower video tutorials, home decor styling tips, and more.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
People would pay a lot for this kind of decor. It looks so cute.