Magnolias are such a gorgeous flower. We have crafted them for wreaths and bouquets, used them as pretty napkin rings, and made them out of crepe paper as well as frosted paper. Another idea for your paper magnolia flowers is to attach them to some real branches. This is a simple way to create some stunning home decor for spring! In today’s tutorial, we’ll show you how to do this with our crepe paper tulip magnolia branch.
Magnolias for your Mantel
This crepe paper tulip magnolia branch would look amazing on your mantel, on a living room or dining room console table, or in your entryway. It’s a great statement piece—so no matter where you place your branch, it will stand out! Along with deciding where it will go, you’ll also need to pick the color of paper you want for your flowers.
We typically make our magnolias using white and cream paper colors. But you could craft them in various shades of pink or purple too. We have created a pink magnolia branch before, which also features crepe paper blooms but has a different look.
When you’re ready to start crafting your crepe paper tulip magnolia branch, just follow the tutorial below. And be sure to share your finished project with us on our Facebook page for members or by using the hashtag #MadeWithLia.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Secret Garden: Cypress
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — White & Vanilla and Honeysuckle & Coral
- 18-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire
- Floral Tape — Bark
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- Tree Branch
How to Make Crepe Paper Tulip Magnolia Branches
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern at the end of this post.
- Cut crepe paper according to template notes, using your Cricut Maker or scissors.
- Curl fringed stamen tips in with your paper curling tool.
- Use tacky glue to glue and wrap stamen around the tip of an 18-gauge wire (start wrapping at the longer end of the fringed stamen).
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Get Crafty with Us
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.