An Ear-resistible Bunny!
There is something so satisfying about crafting with natural, raw materials. I am finding this to be true in my pottery classes and again with roving wool as I am reigniting my love for needle felting. As we begin to stock our shop with all of the materials we love for this fiber craft, you will notice our collection of needle-felted projects update and grow — starting with this little felted bunny.
Along with the bunny we have also included the pattern to make some felted carrots and radishes. Below you will find the supplies we used along with the template to help you understand the size of these needle-felted projects.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
To make this felted bunny you will need your choice of roving wool colors for the bunny, pale pink felt, two black needle felting eyes, and a tiny bit of embroidery floss for the nose and mouth. The template will give you a guide for each of the parts of this bunny and the exact template for the felt pieces. Then follow the step-by-step tutorial below to carefully sculpt your cute critter.
Once you’re done crafting your felted bunny, you can give it some cute accessories — like some felted veggies in a mini woven bowl! If you’re making this bunny as an Easter gift for kids, you could put it in this felt carrot basket along with these carrot and strawberry Easter eggs.
How to Make a Needle Felted Bunny
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Pull strands of core wood from bundle and tie into two knots to start center of head and belly.
- Wrap ends of wool around knot and use course needle to felt into to firm wool balls.
- Continue to wrap wool around ball and felt with needle to form two eggs to match the size on template.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Detail Scissors
- Felting Needles and Holder
- Felting Pad
- Embroidery Needles
- Wire Cutters
- Needle Nose Tweezers
- Stuffing Tool (optional)
- Needle Felting Roving Wool – Natural White or Natural Light, Strawberry, and Tangerine
- Wool Blend Felt – Rose Quartz, Moss, and Evergreen
- 4mm Black Needle Felting Eyes
- Embroidery Floss – DMC Black (310)
- Craft Glue
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member