Switching out your pillows is a fun and simple way to give any room in your house a little makeover. Instead of buying a bunch of new pillows, though, you can just change out the pillow cover. Or add one! If you need some inspiration, here’s a pretty punch needle pillow cover that’s easy to make.
We’re talking about needle punching, of course! Adding a new pillow cover is an easy way to give your pillows a whole new look. You can also iron-on designs to transform everyday pillows.
To make this punch needle pillow cover, gather the tools and materials here. Then download the punch needle pattern below. We have an SVG file for you if you’re using a cutting machine or a PDF template if you’re using a detail knife or scissors.
Finally, just follow our photo tutorial below. And in six simple steps, you’ll have a new pillow for your couch or bed. Even if you’re new to embroidery projects, this one is super simple to do! But if you have any questions, just let us know in the comments. Happy crafting!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Pillow Cover — 20×20 H&M Washed Linen Cushion Cover in Old Rose
- Fusible Interfacing
- Embroidery Floss — DMC codes 3781, 640, 3782, 613, 543, 3864, 841
- Embroidery Transfer Pen
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download the SVG file or PDF template below.
- Cut the template using a detail knife or a cutting machine. Then trace the design onto the pillow cover using an embroidery transfer pen.
- Place one section of the pillow cover into an embroidery hoop.
- Using the punch needle and your chosen color of embroidery floss, embroider over your guide marks
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
Like this punch needle pillow cover? You can find more simple DIY pillow covers here.
For more DIY ideas, make sure to follow us from your favorite social platform! You can find DIY video tutorials on our YouTube page. Or see what we share every day on our Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook.
We always love seeing what you do with our DIY projects, too. So don’t forget to share your crafts on your social pages and use the hashtag #MadeWithLia.
Lastly, you can become a member of our crafting community! As a member, you can access all of our DIY projects, including our SVG cut files, printable patterns, and tutorials. We’re here to help you unlock your creativity. So check out our two membership options to see which one is right for you! ~ Lia and team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.