A boxwood topiary is a great way to add some greenery to your home. While these crepe paper plants look intricate, they are actually quite simple to make! Just follow the six steps below to craft your own.
Think Outside the Box
Our designer Angela created these boxwood topiaries using styrofoam balls in two sizes (6″ and 8″). Of course, you can always use whatever size you prefer!
She also used our double-sided, extra fine crepe paper. This will give your boxwood topiary great texture and depth. Along with these two materials, you will need a cutting machine or detail scissors and a low-temp hot glue gun to glue the leaves on your styrofoam ball.
Before you make your boxwood topiary, here are some helpful hints to keep in mind. One package of our double-sided green crepe paper
yields 320 leaves total (160 leaves in Green Tea & Cypress and 160 in Ferns & Moss). Cut 9X12 sheets will give you 40 leaves for each sheet. So, four 9×12 sheets per package will make 320 leaves. This means you’ll need three packages of crepe paper to make the two sizes you see here.
Once you’ve gathered your tools and materials, download the SVG file or printable template to cut the leaves for your boxwood topiary. Then just follow our easy-peasy instructions below. If you have any questions while crafting, leave us a comment. We’re always happy to help!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Gather tools and materials. Note: You will need three packs of crepe paper to make two boxwood topiaries in these sizes.
- Choose your foam ball size and a container that is slightly smaller than the ball.
- Cut crepe paper according to template notes using detail scissors or Cricut Maker.
- Cover ball with double-sided crepe paper in cypress and place into container.
- Slightly stretch crepe paper leaves in the center to create a curved shape.
- Glue leaves onto ball alternating dierent shades of green until covered.
Explore More Projects Like This One
Finally, you can become a member of our crafting community!
We offer two membership options, giving you access to all of our SVG cut files, PDF templates, simple tutorials and more to help you explore your creative side. Enjoy! ~ Lia and team