Hooked on a Felting!
If you’ve been loving crafting with felt recently, then you’ll absolutely love our felt anthurium flower! By far one of the most unique flowers out there, anthuriums give your space a summer feel without the wilting. And the best part? They’re super simple to create!
All you have to do is gather the tools and materials, then download the SVG or PDF template. After that, follow the instructions by either using the photo tutorial or downloading the steps. Happy felting!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Benzie Design “White” and “Butter” Felt
- Felt on the Fly “Fern Green”
- “Bright Yellow Green Shade” PanPastel
- 18-gauge Cloth Stem Wire
- Krylon Matte Finish Spray
- If you haven’t already, become a Lia Griffith Annual Member. This gives you access to unlimited SVG downloads!
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut out felt according to pattern.
- Glue end of floral wire to edge of stamen piece, with a bit of extra felt at the tip.
- Roll and glue the felt around the wire at a slight angle to get it more tapered at the end.
- Round the tip of the stamen and trim o any unevenness at the base with a pair of scissors.
- Slide the wire with the stamen into the slit in the petal. Glue the base of the stamen to the petal to hold in place. Slightly bend the stamen upward.
- Color the end of the stamen with green PanPastel, blending toward the petal.
- Fold the leaf in half and glue the end of floral wire to the underside. You can use an iron to make it a sharp crease.
- Glue the smaller piece of felt to cover.
- Spray the finished anthurium with a matte fixative spray. You can curl the petal inward a bit to give the flower more shape before it dries completely.
Join the Crafting Community!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with the LGM community by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting! ~ Lia and Team