Craft yourself a tropical escape with this paper anthurium. We’ve paired this unique flower with some insanely realistic leaves to complete our paradise project. Below you’ll find everything you need to make your paper anthurium and leaves as well as some new exclusive tips and tricks to achieving lifelike texture. So throw on your sunglasses and flip flops and let’s go on a tropical craft-cation.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Double Sided Crepe Paper – Lia Griffith “Ferns + Moss”
- Cardstock Paper – Paper Source “LX Blush”
- PanPastel – “Bright Yellow Green Shade” (680.3), “Pearlescent Orange” (952.5), “Red Oxcide Tint” (380.8), “Pearlescent Red” (953.5)
- Green Paper Covered Floral Wire – 18 Gauge
- Floral Tape – Lia Griffith “Fern”, and “White”
- Tacky Glue
- Mod Podge
- Clear Finish in Gloss
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Cut and score the paper according to pattern notes using scissors and the scoring tool.
- Wrap the top 3 inches of the wire with a piece of tissue, make the tip smaller and gradually get larger as you move down, secure with glue.
- Cover the wrapped tissue with white floral tape.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
Flaunt Your Flower Power!
Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia . We love seeing the creative magic you conjure so strut your stuff and flaunt those project photos for all to see — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
We’re here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s.
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.