Do you have any favorite holiday ornaments? Today we’re showing you how to make these festive felt bulb ornaments for your Christmas tree. Felt ornaments are a great alternative to glass because you don’t have to worry about them breaking. And they’re easy to store when Christmas is over. If you like this idea and want to explore some of our other felt decorations, take a look at our embroidered felt ornaments and felt deer ornaments.
For our felt bulb ornaments, we chose red and green, of course, as well as a bright blue aqua. What colors do you think would be fun to use for your tree? We’d love to see your version of these felt ornaments once you’ve decorated your tree, so make sure to share them with us by using the hashtag #MadeWithLia on your pictures.
For more holiday fun, follow our social pages! You can find our latest DIY projects on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. Plus we have a bunch of great video tutorials on our YouTube channel. Happy crafting! ~Lia and team
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Cherry, Aqua, and Fern
- Embroidery Floss – DMC Red (321), Aqua (3811), and Fern (471)
- Red and White Striped Twine
- Wooden Beads – 1/2″
How to Make Felt Bulb Ornaments for Christmas
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the SVG file or PDF template at the end of this post.
- Using your cutting machine or scissors, cut felt according to template notes.
- Cut an 8-inch piece of twine; fold the twine in half and glue the loose ends to the top of one felt bulb shape.
- Place the second bulb shape on top of the first; then use a blanket stitch to sew the two together, starting at the twine and stopping an inch from where you began.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!