Just in time for spring and Easter season, Krista has sewn up some felt bunny pocket pals with carrot pockets! In addition to making these cute little creatures, her tutorial also shows you how to make some tiny felt overalls with buttons and a dress with patch pockets.
Similar to our other pocket pals, this is a great beginner/intermediate project. While this is an easy-to-sew project overall, the small details and stitching make it lean toward intermediate. And — due to their size — this is also a good project to use up some smaller scraps of felt.
These felt bunny pocket pals would make an adorable gift for kids. And if you want to get them involved in the creative process, you could even have them pick out their favorite felt colors to use for the bunnies as well as their clothes and carrot beds. Depending on the age of your little one, they could also help out by using a peach marker to add some color to the bunny’s cheeks and ears.
Skill level: Beginner/Intermediate
Embroidery stitches used: Whip, back, blanket, ladder, and straight stitch. Want more guidance on these stitches? Check out our free embroidery guide.
Crafting Tips: Like our other pocket pals, we recommend cutting the pieces for these felt bunny pocket pals by hand due to their small size. And because they’re small, they also require small stitches! If you’re interested in an easy no-sew version, you can assemble a flat version of the animals instead using tacky glue and a fine point fabric marker for the faces.
New to crafting felt animal stuffies and want to learn more? Take our mini course, 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Embroidery Needles
- Straight Pins
- Stuffing Tool or Chopstick
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Papaya, Tangerine, Juniper, Fern, Pistachio, Bluebell, Camel, Sand, White, and Black
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Light Coral (352), Medium Tangerine (741), Avocado Green (469), Very Light Cornflower Blue (157), Tan (436), Light Hazelnut Brown (422), Snow White (B5200), and Black (310)
- Polyester Fiber Fill — Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
- Blick Studio Art Marker — Peach Blush (079)
- Tacky Glue
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
How to Make Felt Bunny Pocket Pals
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the bunny pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to pattern using a cutting machine (optional) or scissors (recommended).
- Whip stitch the eyes and the nose fur onto the heads using 1 strand of matching embroidery floss. Sew 2 short stitches extending from each eye using 1 strand of black floss.
- Backstitch on noses and mouths using 1 strand of black floss.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Love working with felt? Explore all of our felt crafts for more ideas. Or find more cute bunny crafts and Easter projects to make! Don’t forget to share photos of your Lia Griffith crafts with us on our Facebook page for members, using the hashtag #MadeWithLia on Instagram, or by emailing pictures to us at email@example.com.