You may have noticed by now that we love to make peonies! The last one I crafted was a crepe paper coral supreme peony for our February Member Make challenge. We wanted to try out a felt version of this pretty pink flower, so we turned to our felt flower expert, Krista. She crafted these beautiful felt coral charm peony flowers and buds for us, complete with felt greenery. And today we’re sharing the tutorial with you so you can learn how to craft them on your own!
This felt coral charm peony is an intermediate DIY craft project. So if you’re a beginner, you might want to try this frosted paper peony flower, which includes a video tutorial. Or you could also make these pretty crepe paper peonies.
Whichever flowers you decide to make, we want to see them! You can share progress pictures or completed projects on our Facebook page for members. This is a great way to get tips and encouragement from us and other crafters. Or you can also use #MadeWithLia when you share pictures on your own Facebook or Instagram.
If you need any help with the PanPastel part, make sure to watch our video on how to color paper flowers. You can also ask us questions in the comment section below. Happy crafting! ~Lia and team
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- PanPastel Sofft Sponge (from our designer set)
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Blush, Mango, and Juniper
- Wool Blend Felt — Benzie Coral
- Large Felt Pom-Pom — Benzie Peony
- Green Paper-Covered Floral Wire — 18-Gauge
- Green Colored Pencil — Prismacolor Chartreuse
- PanPastel — Pearlescent Pink (from our designer set)
- Green Floral Tape — Lia Griffth Ferns & Moss
- Clear Fixative Spray
How to Make a Felt Coral Charm Peony
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to the pattern, using your Cricut Maker or scissors. Note: Cut the slits for the petals with scissors (see pattern).
- Bend the end of an 18-gauge floral wire into a flat coil shape.
- Glue and pinch together each “arm” of the carpal.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!