Eager for signs of spring? While you’re waiting for the flowers outside to bloom, we recommend making your own flowers come to life in the meantime! Crocus flowers are typically one of the first flowers to pop up during springtime. And in mild regions, they can bloom as early as January or February. We’ve crafted crepe paper crocuses once before. So today our designer Krista is using felt! These felt crocus flowers are so pretty and simple to make. And you can craft them yourself in just 12 steps.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
One of the best things about making your favorite plants out of felt is that they can last forever. Also, since Crocus flowers don’t have a stem, they’re not the type of flower you would cut and bring inside anyway. So by crafting these flowers out of felt or paper, you can enjoy them indoors for as long as you’d like.
If you have a Cricut Maker, you can use our SVG file below to cut our flower pattern out of felt. However, this one is easy enough to cut by hand. When you have everything ready to go, just follow our step-by-step tutorial listed on the right hand side at the top of this post to make your own felt crocus flowers.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make Felt Crocus Flowers
- Gather the tools and materials above. Then download the flower pattern listed on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Cut out felt according to pattern using your Cricut Maker or scissors.
- Roll and glue the triangular piece to form a cone at the end of your 18-gauge floral wire; cut in half.
- Cut six short slits around the top edge and push out.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Browse more felt flowers and explore all felt projects here. For daily DIY ideas and inspiration, follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram. And browse our YouTube channel for video tutorials on how to make flowers, home décor, jewelry, and more!
To download our DIY templates, SVG files, and tutorials, become a member.
- Cricut Maker (optional)
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – White, Mango, and Juniper
- 18-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire
- Opaque White Marker — Uni Posca White Paint Marker
- Fabric Stiffener — Aleene’s Stiffen Quik
- Small Plant Pot and Foam (to fit)
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member