Here is yet another example of a project that came to life because of a reader’s suggestion. Thank you for writing in with all of your wonderful craft ideas! When the idea was first proposed, there was no question that we loved it. This felt flower mobile would be a gorgeous addition to any nursery! And of course it is a great opportunity to make something handmade for your little bundle of joy.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Start this project by gathering your materials. You will need the inner circle of an embroidery hoop (the outer circle has a clamp, so do not use that one!), felt, embroidery floss, and ribbon. We chose a very springy color scheme for our flower mobile with light greens, yellows, blush pinks, and white, but feel free to choose any color scheme that you fancy. Next, choose a complementary color of embroidery floss and a pretty ribbon to hang your mobile once it is finished. Once you have your materials, begin by crafting your flowers. Find the template for our anemones and leaves below and use it as a guide for cutting your felt pieces. When your felt pieces are ready, follow the tutorial included (originally from this project) for crafting your flowers.
- Gather your tools and materials.
- Assemble your felt flowers using the pattern and step-by-step photo tutorial below. When we first created these flowers, we used black roving wool for the anemone centers but we have listed two alternatives for centers. You can use a cotton spun ball (color with a black marker or use black paint), or a black wool pom pom.
- Cut your leaves from green felt in sizes and variation of your choice. We cut 18 of the larger leaves, and 26 of the smaller.
- Use an embroidery needle to string your flowers and leaves with embroidery floss. Assort your blooms and leaves randomly; we included some strands with only leaves, and some strands with both leaves and blooms.
Full tutorial available for members to download listed on the right hand side at the top of this post.
This flower mobile would be a great project to do as you prepare for your newborn, or it would make for a wonderful baby shower gift to a daughter or friend who is expecting. You can also get creative with this project! Make a flower mobile using the same technique with any felt bloom, like these cute tropical flowers, rose buds, or even some pretty succulents for fall. If you are interested in our other baby mobile projects, take a look at our hot air balloon mobile or our adorable paper raincloud mobile. Browse all of our baby projects and be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter for a daily dose of cute! Enjoy ~ Lia & team
- Craft Scissors
- Cricut Maker 3 or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Embroidery Needle
- 10″ Embroidery Hoop (inner hoop without clamp only) or Lia Griffith Natural Wood Arch Mobile Frame
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Rose Quartz, White, Lemon, Lime, Fern, Juniper, Charcoal, Black
- Embroidery Floss – DMC Very Light Avocado Green (471), Avocado Green (469)
- Organza Ribbon – 5/8″ White
- Options for Anemone centers:
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member