We’re so excited to share some new DIY Christmas decor with you! In the past we have made our own holly to use as gift toppers, in holiday crowns, and in many Christmas wreaths. Switching it up this year, Krista has created these felt holly branches that you can make using our pattern and tutorial.
Because of the tiny cuts on each leaf, we recommend using a Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 to simplify this project. If you don’t have one of these machines, you can always use our template to cut by hand.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Holly is such a classic way to decorate for the Christmas season. But since holly berries are toxic for people and pets (and the leaves are sharp!), we prefer to make ours out of paper or felt. For our felt holly branches, Krista chose two different green shades from our shop for the leaves and added some small felt wool balls in red for the berries.
When crafting your own branches, you can use our photos and tutorial as a guide. Or you can play around with the placement of your leaves and berries. Just a couple branches in a vase are all you need to create a beautiful holiday display. Another option is to form a few of your felt holly branches into a wreath. Whatever you do, be sure to share it with us by tagging #MadeWithLia on Instagram or posting photos to our Facebook page for members.
How to Make Felt Holly Branches
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download our pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to pattern using a cutting machine or scissors. The amounts shown in the PDF is to make a single holly berry branch.
- To make the leaves, glue a 24-gauge floral wire to the middle of a leaf, about halfway up.
- Apply a thin line of glue over the wire and down the center. Fold in half, pinching along the fold.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Love these felt holly branches? Explore more of our Christmas crafts to see what else you can make!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Detail Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Long Sharp Needle or Cricut Weeding Tool
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Pine, Kelp, and Bark Brown
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- 24-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire
- Floral Tape — Fern
- Brown Art Marker
- Red Wool Balls — 1cm
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member