Do you need some head wreath inspiration? We love making head wreaths around here for all kinds of events, including holiday parties, birthdays, and weddings. You may have seen our black rose head wreath for Halloween, our DIY boho glam headpieces for NYE, and our pretty flower head wreath that you can wear for any occasion. Well, today we have another one for you! Our crepe paper holly berry and evergreen head wreath is perfect for a holiday party or your winter wedding.
Are you familiar with the line, “Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours?” This is how Beethoven ended a love letter to his soulmate, expressing that he is always hers, she is always his, and they are each other’s beloved forever. Sweet, right? Since we think this holly berry and evergreen head wreath would look lovely for a winter wedding, we couldn’t resist using this line in our blog post today.
If you have never made a head wreath before, or you’re new to the world of crafting with crepe paper, you may want to start with something a bit simpler—like our crepe paper wildflower wreath. However, if you consider yourself to be at an intermediate level, this holly berry and evergreen head wreath is a great one to make. Wherever you’re at, we encourage you to try it out! And if you have any questions along the way, just ask.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Lia Griffith Ferns + Moss & Green Tea + Cypress, Cherry + Raspberry
- Floral Tape – Lia Griffith Moss, Bark
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- 24-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- Vine Wire – Brown
- Colored Pencil — Blick Prismacolor Chartreuse
- Tacky Glue
- Mod Podge
- Extra Small Wood Beads — 10mm or 10mm Cotton Spun Paper Balls
- Extra Small Pine Cones
How to Make a Holly Berry and Evergreen Head Wreath
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download your pattern at the end of this post.
- Cut out your crepe paper according to the template using your scissors or a Cricut Maker. Use your micro-tip scissors to help with the fringing.
- To make the leaves: Cut your 24-gauge floral wire into thirds. Glue wire to one half of a leaf along the straight edge using tacky glue; then glue the other half on top. Repeat this process for all of the leaves.
- Use a chartreuse colored pencil to draw a line down the middle of the holly leaves.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
For more DIY inspiration, follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. Or visit our YouTube channel for video tutorials on making paper flowers and plants, seasonal crafts, and more. We love seeing (and reposting!) your DIY creations, too—so make sure to share your pictures with us using the hashtag #MadeWithLia.
To download the pattern for this evergreen head wreath, become a member.