A few days ago, we shared the tutorial for how to make a super cute felt pineapple. And today, we have another vibrant DIY craft for you — felt lemons! We are loving the bright pop of yellow that these fruits add to your home decor. But of course, they also make great felt toys for little ones!
In our tutorial below, we will show you how to craft these felt lemons as well as some sweet little lemon slices. To make them look more realistic, we even added a tiny seed to our lemon slice. This is a beginner-friendly sewing project that you can hand sew using two types of stitches. We will guide you through it, but don’t hesitate to comment if you have any questions!
When Life Gives You Felt, Make Lemons!
Felt is a wonderful material for crafting — it’s inexpensive and there is really SO much you can make with it! For these felt lemons, our designer Krista used four different felt colors from Benzie. Yellow and white for the lemon, toast for the seed, and moss for the leaf at the top. The leaf is optional, but it’s fun to have a little variety we think!
You will also need some embroidery floss to match your felt colors. And poly-fil to fill your felt lemons with. Everything we used is linked below, but of course you can use whatever you like best!
When you are done crafting your felt lemons, you will have to tell us (or show us!) how you are using them. If you do use them as home decor, we think they would look beautiful in a bowl on your dining table. Or you can place a few of them in a small handcrafted basket. This is way more cost-effective than using real lemons and switching them out every week!
On the other hand, if you are crafting these felt lemons for a little one, you may want to explore some of our other felt toys. We have some fun felt foods for pretend play as well as a DIY play kitchen! Whatever you make or however you use your projects, share it with us on Instagram or Facebook with the #MadeWithLia hashtag.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker (optional)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Craft Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Long Needle
- Straight Pins
- Wooden Skewer or Chopstick
- Wool Blend Felt — Benzie Design Yellow, Toast, White, and Moss
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Lemon (307), Light Tan (437), and Avocado Green (469)
- Thin Cardboard Scrap
How to Make Felt Lemons
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the lemon pattern below.
- Cut out your felt pieces according to the pattern, using a Cricut Maker or scissors.
- Blanket stitch two of the whole lemon side pieces together along one edge using three strands of yellow embroidery floss. Repeat for the other two pieces to make the other half of the lemon. Leave the floss unknotted.
- Match the edges from the two halves together and continue blanket stitching along the third edge up to the top of the lemon. Knot offthe end.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Looking for More Fun Felt Projects?
To download our DIY designs and craft projects you love, become a member. As a member, you’ll get instant access to hundreds of SVG cut files, PDF templates, and step-by-step tutorials!