As you may have noticed, we’re on a tropical kick this month! So far, we’ve crafted some beautiful tropical flowers, fun party decor, and pretty wrapping paper. But we couldn’t let the month go by without making a new pineapple craft. One of our members recently requested that we make some felt fruit, so our designer Krista created this cute felt pineapple that’s perfect for all skill levels. You can craft it as a felt toy for your favorite little one, or use it as tropical decor — so fun!
Just grab the tools and materials listed below. Then download our pattern and tutorial to start crafting!
A DIY Craft to Pine For
We can’t get over how adorable this felt pineapple is! This project is an easy one to cut by hand, or you can use our SVG file if you have a Cricut Maker. Once you have your felt pieces cut, just follow along with our photo tutorial and embroidery guide. We promise it is simpler than it might seem!
If you are using your felt pineapple as home decor, you might want to style it with some felt flowers. Our felt hibiscus flowers or felt ginger flowers would add such a great pop of pink next to this tropical fruit. Of course, you could also do a felt flower arrangement and add some yellow heliconia flowers in there, too.
Along with making such cute home decor, our felt pineapple is a perfect summer addition to your kid’s box of felt food toys. If they are “hosting” their own luau, you could even craft them a cute little lei or tropical flower crown!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Mango, Juniper and Fern
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Deep Canary (972), Tan (436), and Avocado Green (469)
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
How to Make a Felt Pineapple
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pineapple pattern below.
- Using scissors or a Cricut Maker, cut out your felt pieces according to the pattern. Cut the leaves out of a couple of different shades of green felt for variety.
- Using the paper template, mark dots at each corner with a fabric pen (see the embroidery guide on the pattern).
- Stitch a large “X” using the dots as a guide using three strands of golden yellow embroidery floss.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Get Crafty With Us!
There are so many fun crafts for imaginative play on our site, so be sure to browse all of our felt toys if you want more ideas. We also have a few more pineapple crafts, including these adorable pom-pom pineapple earrings and glittery gold pineapple party decorations.
Whatever you end up crafting, we hope you have fun with it! For more craft inspiration, join us on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. Or visit our YouTube channel for DIY video tutorials. Happy crafting! ~ Lia and team