Native to the warm southern US, Mexico, and South America, lisianthus are popular flowers that are known to be fussy growers. So why not make them out of paper or felt instead? Since we have already crafted a crepe paper lisianthus, Krista decided to make some felt lisianthus flowers for our spring collection.
When you’re ready to get started, check out our supplies list below. Then download our template and photo tutorial, which shows how to make full blooms as well as small and large bud stems.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Krista chose to make these felt lisianthus flowers using two shades of light purple. She also added some yellow-green pastel to both the blooms and buds for a more realistic look. Once assembled, you can spray some Stiffen-Quick to your flowers and then ruffle the petals as they dry to enhance their fluffy shape.
Our final arrangement includes 3 blooms and 5 buds. You can put your flowers all together, or they would look lovely as individual stems in glass bud vases. Of course they’d also look beautiful in a larger, fuller arrangement.
We’d love to see your version and how you arrange your felt lisianthus! So be sure to share photos on Instagram with the hashtag #MadeWithLia. Or post photos to our crafters community page.
Skill level: Intermediate
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make a Felt Lisianthus
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download the template on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Cut out felt according to template using scissors or a cutting machine with a rotary blade.
- Wrap and glue the pistil piece around the end of a length of green 18-gauge floral wire. Fold out the rounded part on top.
- Glue the end of a short length of 24-gauge floral wire to the yellow strip at one end.
Full tutorial available for members to download on the right hand side at the top of this post.
Love this felt lisianthus? Check out all of our felt flowers for more ideas.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Detail Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Wisteria, Water Lily, Sunshine, Fern, Juniper, and Pistachio
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green and 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Lia Griffith Felt Balls 1cm — Any color (tutorial shows Moss)
- PanPastel® Artist Pastel – Bright Yellow Green 680.5
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- Aleene’s Stiffen-Quick Fabric Stiffening Spray
- Polyester Fiber Fill — Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member