Marigolds are the birth flower of October and a popular choice when decorating for fall. They are also associated with Dia de Muertos and are believed to aid in luring back the souls of loved ones to the land of the living with their fragrant blooms and bright colors. We have only made marigolds out of tissue paper, so for this month’s collection, Krista is showing us how to make these beautiful felt marigold flowers.
Since there aren’t too many pieces, this is a great flower for beginners to make. Just follow along with our pattern and tutorial below!
Did you know that looking at bright colors can improve your mood? For our felt marigold flowers, we chose to make them in three orangey hues from our online shop. Each petal is pinched and glued to give the flower their signature fluffy round look, which we will show you how to do in our tutorial.
Style them in a pretty farmhouse pitcher vase for the season or in an arrangement for Halloween or Day of the Dead celebrations. If you’d like to copy our arrangement, you can pair your felt marigold blooms with our DIY pussy willow branches.
Skill level: Beginner-friendly
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Poppy, Tangerine, Mango, and Kelp
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- 24-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire
- Floral Tape — Green
- Art Marker — Blick Studio Brush Markers Peach (064) and Dark Green (049)
- Aleene’s Stiffen-Quick Fabric Stiffening Spray
How to Make a Felt Marigold
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to pattern using a cutting machine (optional) or scissors.
- Glue a 24-gauge floral wire down the stem of a felt leaf.
- Glue and wrap the edges of felt around the wire. Cover up any glue that may show with a matching green marker. Spray one side of the leaf with a fabric stiffening spray and let dry.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.